1 Connect the coax cable
- Connect one end of the coax cable to the cable wall outlet and the other end to the modem.
* If a Spectrum receiver is connected to the cable wall outlet, see the instructions below. Not all cables will be used during installation.
- Disconnect the Spectrum receiver's coax cable from the wall outlet. Connect one end of the short coax cable to the outlet in the wall, and the other end to the side of the splitter with the single connection (IN).
- Connect one end of the Spectrum receiver's coax cable to one of the (OUT) connectors on the splitter. Make sure the other end is connected to your Spectrum receiver.
- Connect one end of the long coax cable to the other (OUT) connector on the splitter and the other end to the modem.
- Continue setup at step 2.
2 Connect the power cord
- Plug the power cord into the modem, then plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- After you plug in the modem, wait for it to connect to the network (about 2 to 5 minutes) before proceeding to the next step.
3 Connect the modem to your computer or WiFi router
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the modem, and the other end to your computer or the yellow internet port on the WiFi router.
4 Activate the modem
- To start your service to go to https://activate.spectrum.net on your desktop or mobile device.
- If you have a WiFi router connected to the modem during activation, please restart the WiFi router after the modem is activated.
Click here to download Setting Up Spectrum Internet Instructions (PDF).