1 Connect the coax cable
- Connect one end of the coax cable to the cable wall outlet and the other end to the modem.
- Plug the power cord into the modem, then plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- After you plug in the modem, wait for it to connect to the network (about 2 to 5 minutes) before proceeding to the next step.
* If a Spectrum receiver is connected to the cable wall outlet, see the instructions below. Not all cables will be used during installation.
- Disconnect the Spectrum receiver's coax cable from the wall outlet. Connect one end of the short coax cable to the outlet in the wall, and the other end to the side of the splitter with the single connection (IN).
- Connect one end of the Spectrum receiver's coax cable to one of the (OUT) connectors on the splitter. Make sure the other end is connected to your Spectrum receiver.
- Connect one end of the long coax cable to the other (OUT) connector on the splitter and the other end to the modem.
- Continue setup at step 2.
2 Connect the modem and the WiFi router
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the modem and the other end to the yellow internet port on the WiFi router.
- Plug the power cord into the WiFi router, and then plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the WiFi light on the front panel of the WiFi router to turn on. If no light turns on, press the Power ON/OFF button on the rear panel of the router.
3 Connect a wireless device to the WiFi router
- Open the WiFi connections on your device.
- Select your unique network name (SSID), which you can find on the bottom of the router and on the enclosed stickers. If you see the name ending in "5G," the router is 5 GHz-capable. Connecting to the "5G" network may provide a better experience.
- Enter the password printed on the WiFi router. This password is also printed on the stickers included with the router.
- Follow steps A-C to connect other devices.
4 Activate the modem
- To start your service to go to https://activate.spectrum.net on your desktop or mobile device.
Click here to download Setting Up Spectrum Internet and WiFi Instructions (PDF).