Back to Activation
Select each service you're activating to get instructions and helpful videos on connecting your equipment.
TV - Silver Remote
TV - Black Remote
Select a topic to expand/collapse information. You may also tab to a topic and press "Enter."
- Make sure all equipment is connected before beginning the online activation process.
- Go to the activation website that that was listed in your kit. You can use your desktop or a mobile device to activate your services.
- If you need a copy of the instructions that came with your kit, use the icons below and select the services you are installing to download a PDF.
- After you've activated your equipment, visit Spectrum.net to see all the great services we have to offer!
- If your picture doesn't fit the screen after you're done with activation, try updating picture or HD Auto Tune settings in your guide settings.
- If your TV is showing a black screen after activation, try to change channels using the remote.
- If your box powers off during activation, use your remote control to power it back on.
- If you attempt to access a channel you subscribe to but receive an error message, use your remote control to channel up and then back down. This should resolve the issue.
- If your TV equipment fails to activate online, you can activate your Spectrum Receiver by calling (855) 632-7020 and following the prompts.
- If you live in Southern California, call (855) 232-1886 to activate your Spectrum Receiver.
- You can watch TV as soon as your Spectrum Receiver is activated, but it may take up to 45 minutes for all channels and guide info to load. Your Spectrum Receiver may restart during this time.
- Visit Spectrum.net/remotes to learn how to program your remote control for your TV, DVD or Blu-ray player and surround sound system.
Internet & WiFi
- If you install your own modem, we'll check to ensure it meets our specifications during activation. Visit Spectrum.net/modems for a list of authorized modems.
- Be sure to place your WiFi router in a central location in your home, away from household electronics such as baby monitors, microwaves and wireless headsets.
- Your router has two different settings. If network speed is your priority, 5 GHz performs better than 2.4 GHz. If wireless range is your priority, 2.4 GHz performs better than 5 GHz.
- If you have a WiFi router connected to your modem during activation, reboot the WiFi router after the modem is activated.
- Visit Spectrum.net/support to learn how to protect your computers with Security Suite.
- If you have a cordless phone, make sure it's plugged in to an active electrical outlet. The cordless phone base should be plugged in to "tel port 1" on the modem, not to the wall phone outlet. If you're activating a second line, plug the 2nd base or cord in to "tel port 2".
- If you're using the same cable from the wall outlet for TV and Voice, be sure to use the splitter.
- Visit Spectrum.net/support to learn how to set up your voicemail and manage settings using Voice Online Manager.
- After you're activated, visit Spectrum.net and create a Spectrum username to pay your bill, make changes to your account, watch TV online and more. It may take up to an hour for your equipment to show up on your account.
- Your Spectrum username will also serve as your Spectrum email address.
- Visit Spectrum.net to manage your account online including billing, appointments, services and equipment, and user settings.
- Never worry about missing a payment. Set up Auto Pay in a few easy steps at Spectrum.net/autopay.
Descargue las instrucciones de instalación en español.